Works closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
* Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
* Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
* Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
* Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the financial services industry.
* Analyzes requirements, and translates business requirements into product designs.
* Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
* Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
* Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
* Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
* May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
* Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
* Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
* Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
* Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
* Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
* Scrum Master with 3 to 5 years' experience with Agile teams
* In-depth knowledge of Agile practices and how they map to Scrum practices with an ability to help a company/team mature their process in a practical manner
* Excellent team facilitation and conflict resolution skills to work with diverse range of teams
* Experience with coaching a company at all levels through their Agile/Scrum adoption
* Experience with Kanban specifically with production support teams
* Experience working directly with Product Owners on backlog grooming and release planning
* Servant leader
* Experience with Team Foundation Server preferred