Software Data Engineer
Location: Louisville, KY
Software Data Engineer Job Description
General Role Description:
- Design, develop, and implement…
- Create automation systems and tools to configure, monitor, and orchestrate our…
- Evaluate new technologies for continuous improvements in our…
- Collaborate closely with the product/applications teams to build out new…
- Data infrastructure and pipelines that collect, connect, centralize, and curate data from various internal and external data sources.
- Data delivery and data visualization applications using state-of-the-art web technologies.
- Work with data scientists and data analysts to implement descriptive, forecasting and predictive algorithms and models using the latest technologies.
- Bring an entrepreneurial mindset, openness, transparency, and collegiality to your everyday work.
- BS in Computer Science or related degrees.
- Strong coding skills in one or more modern programming languages, Python preferred, but Java or C# are acceptable.
- 2+ [5+ for Senior] years of experience
- Experience with developing:
- Backend subsystems of large web applications or complex ETL processing systems
- Distributed systems for data processing, including tools such as Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, etc.
- At least one popular back-end framework (Java/Spring/Hibernate, Nodejs/Express, .Net, Python/Flask/SqlAlchemy). Genscape uses .Net extensively but not exclusively.
- Front-end frameworks (Angular, React, Backbone, etc)
- Fluency with SQL and Relational Databases, like PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.
- DevOps mindset, experience with continuous integration and automation tools and processes, like TeamCity/Jenkins/Bamboo.