Product Design Engineer
Location: Rochester, NY
Product Design Engineer
THIS ROLE REQUIRES RELOCATION TO GREENVILLE, SC.
Standard Motor Products is looking for an automotive Product Design Engineer to work with project teams to develop engine management components for the OEM, heavy duty and industrial markets. This Corporate position will work with teams on projects that will span from new concepts to reverse engineering to cost and quality improvements of existing products. The products designed will cover the entire spectrum of the SMP product portfolio.
Competitive pay and benefits for qualified candidates. Great benefits; a fantastic future with a growing Company.
- Design or modify components and systems using prudent engineering methods and techniques to meet specified technical requirements.
- Perform design activities within cost targets and timeline objectives.
- Analyze and solve complex product design, application, manufacturing, installation, and service problems.
- Develop and execute experiments to validate and qualify new design solutions.
- Direct other technical support personnel to carry out specific design tasks.
- Analyze competitive product designs and report findings.
- Communicates directly with Customers and Suppliers on issues of technical specifications, product design and product performance as needed.
- Implement defect prevention procedures or processes in product design or application.
- Analyze new technologies for potential application in next generation products.
- Support quality improvements in all facets of the company's business.
- Collaborate with various teams within the organization to solve technical problems and identify improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 year experience in an engineering role required.
- Proficient in Creo-Pro/Engineer and/or Solidworks, Microsoft Office
- Good analytical skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time, which may include flying.
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis.
- Experience in new product development in an automotive environment is a plus!
- Mechatronics experience preferred.
- Uses computer workstation
- Uses telephone, copier, scanner, printer, standard office equipment
- Frequent verbal and written communication
- Lifting up to 30 lbs. unassisted
- Use of tools and production/lab equipment