Technician - Austin, TX
Location: Austin, TX
Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement
Monday - Friday
Responsible for safely loading, unloading, movements and processing hazardous waste, non-hazardous waste, and recyclable materials for customer. This job includes general labor and warehouse tasks such as understanding of proper handling and disposal of hazardous waste and recyclable materials as well as cleaning maintaining and organizing the work areas. Understanding all tasks for Jetting cleaning service line including but are not limited t moving hoses, loading and unloading materials, chemical cleaning, vacuum truck operations, tank cleaning, and sump cleaning, line breaks and decontaminations
- Safely operates decontamination equipment utilizing high pressure water, strippable coatings or other decontamination processes.
- Ability to work in self-contained breathing apparatus and operate breathing air systems.
- Moves material within the facility using appropriate equipment such as hand trucks, pallet trucks, forklifts, golf cart, etc.
- Collects waste and loads into various containers and vessels.
- Properly inspect segregate, and consolidate all waste stored on site.
- Responsible for excavating, transporting, handling, sorting, labeling, or collecting hazardous, non-hazardous and recyclable materials
- Must be able to utilize knowledge of Veolia, customer, state and federal regulations and policies applicable to EPA, DOT, and OSHA.
- Must be able to safely operator equipment such as balers, shredders, grinders, extractors, pumps, tanks and pressure washers.
•High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required
•HAZWOPER and DOT Certification
•A Valid Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
•Effective communication skills
•Works well in team environment
•Safely operate industrial equipment including: powered material handling equipment, hydro blasting equipment, roll off truck and aerial lifts
•Ability to perform tasks independently
•Able to perform work in confined space and ability to work at heights
•Ability to work overtime, weekends, nights and holidays as needed
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.