Hospital Lab Manager - Hematology - Vineland, NJ req53434
Location: Vineland, NJ
Hospital Lab Mgr- Vineland, New Jersey - Monday through Friday
The Hematology Laboratory Manager has the overall responsibility for the planning, evaluation, and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and staff members in the Hematology laboratory. Responsible for performing duties to operate the lab with the highest quality, safety and integrity, and in an efficient, economical manner meeting all CLIA, CAP, DNV and State regulatory requirements.
1. Plans, assigns, and directs work in the Hematology Laboratory across the network.
2. Mentors and supports direct reports in their responsibilities and functions, ensuring they receive training in supervisory skill development. Identifies and implements training programs as necessary.
3. Defines, coordinates, and monitors quality assurance programs as pertains to the Hematology department. Ensures quality control and compliance procedures are followed and QC reports are up to date. Oversee plans and preparations for inspections.
4. Effectively maintains quality staffing by interviewing, training and providing staff development through performance evaluation and corrective counseling.
5. Identifies future needs in terms of staff, equipment, and facilities. Submits appropriate documentation for procurement of such.
6. Reviews test performance, drives process and project management, and prepares and submits required reports to meet established deadlines.
7. Ensures departmental standard operating procedures and database accurately reflects the current process.
8. Manages department costs and resources to adhere to budget.
9. Resolves problems through interaction with clients via phone calls or other means of communication.
10. Provides technical expertise and consultation to healthcare providers and other contacts.
-Bachelor's degree in medical technology or life sciences required. ASCP certification required.
-Master’s degree preferred
-8 years laboratory experience, preferably 4 years in the Hematology department
-4 years of direct supervisory experience in the clinical laboratory