Electronics Engineer
at Altra Industrial Motion

Date Posted: 4/9/2019

Job Description

The Electronics Engineer will spend 70% of their time defining, qualifying, and recommending the best electronic drivers for Portescap’s core markets and applications.  The other 30% of the time will be spent collaborating with our Encoder Specialist.  The Engineer should have a strong understanding of our different motor technologies and be able to recommend the best solutions to customers.  This position will work closely with our technology team, R&D and Product Line Managers. The Engineer will be joining the Portescap team.  Portescap is part of Altra (AIMC).

 

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

New products definition and development.

  • Understand electronic drivers for our different motors technologies and their applications.
  • Support the team to build electronic product road map.
  • Define product specifications according to VOC (voice of customer).
  • Support product from concept through solution design.
  • Determine whether Portescap team should design ourselves or with partners.
  • Specify and/or design, setup, troubleshoot, and test equipment in lab for validation.
  • Ensure new projects are respecting milestones and development process.

 

Sales support.

  • Work closely with Business Development team and Product Line Manager to propose appropriate solution to customer. Help BD and Marketing build product road map by gathering VOC.

 

 

The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.

Job Requirements

QUALIFICATIONS:

  • Bachelor’s Degree or Electronics with 5+ years of experience OR a Master’s Degree with 3+ years of experience (preferably in analog and digital circuit design for electric motors, drives and feedback sensors or similar products)
  • Experience working on product design, development and launch of new products preferred.
  • A very strong candidate would have a Ph.D  or Master Degree with a specialization in electronics, preferably in electric motor or drivers for motor.

 

KEY BEHAVIORS /PERSONAL TRAITS:

  • Passion for learning.
  • Autonomous and excited by new initiatives.
  • Strong analytical / diagnostic and problem-solving ability.
  • Results orientation – must deliver results & have sense of urgency to deliver tasks on time.
  • Ability to anticipate issues upfront and escalate as necessary.

Job Snapshot

About Us

Altra Industrial Motion is a leading global supplier of quality power transmission and motion control products. Providing the essential control of equipment speed, torque, positioning, and other functions, Altra products are used in nearly any machine or process involving motion. Our products are sold in over 70 countries in a variety of major industrial markets, including food processing, material handling, packaging machinery, mining, energy, automotive, primary metals, turf and garden and many others.

Altra products are marketed under a variety of well recognized and established manufacturing brand names. Operating independently, each of these companies is committed to the guiding principles of operational excellence, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.

Our products are frequently used in a wide range of high-volume manufacturing processes, where the reliability and accuracy are critical in both avoiding costly down time and enhancing the overall efficiency of manufacturing operations.

What is a Talent Network?

Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.

Why Join?

  • Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
  • Share job opportunities with family and friends through social media or email